I often get asked where I find motivation to get my workouts in and eat healthy. Sometimes it’s the little things like my room key from Olympia that I turned into a magnet on my refrigerator which holds special notes from my daughter. Most days, I’ve got my game face on and I’m ready crush it! But, the truth is, some days I’m simply not motivated. I have to make the decision to stay up late to prepare my food, schedule in time for a workout and actually do it! The act of movement and starting the action puts me in a better mindset and once I get going I feel more energized. There will never be a perfect time to start and you’ll never feel ready. But, when you put the wheels in motion, it does get easier! Some of the best workouts I’ve had are when I didn’t overthink or plan, I simply jumped in, did a mental reset and BAM… felt amazing!! A few things I do the night before to launch my day for success:
- Plan what I’m wearing to the gym. Socks, undies, shoes, all of it! This leaves no room for procrastination and trying to pick out your outfit.
- Pack food, supplements, protein, water, etc. so that it’s ready to grab and go when you head out the door.
- Headphones charged and in gym bag!
- Pack an extra set of clothes for post-workout.
- Game-plan for the workout. Muscle group(s) & cardio. I don’t get to detailed with this, but I do have a workout focus or goal everyday.
YOU are worth it! Taking time for yourself is not selfish. Plug into audio books, music, inspiring friends who motivate you, and before you know it… one day you’ll look back and wonder why it took you so long to get started!
Keep in touch! Share what motivates you and tag me on social media @vicki_fit!