http://vickidiazfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/679A2826-large2.jpg 4480 6720 Vicki Diaz /wp-content/uploads/2019/05/main-logo-1.png Vicki Diaz2019-10-22 02:16:482019-10-22 20:46:24Minimal equipment glute circuit
Minimal equipment glute circuit
In a hurry, no need to worry! We’ve got your glutes covered with this minimal equipment glute workout.
- Dumbbells 8-15lbs.
- Hip Circle. I used the Glute Loop by Bret Contreras
Lateral steps with hip circle just above knees – 30 alternating
- Band should be just above your knees. Sit back slightly putting weight into hips. Push legs out against band to activate the hips. Take short lateral steps keeping tension in the band. Avoid allowing knees to collapse inward.
Single leg glute bridge – 15 each leg
- Align heel directly under knee. Lift up by contracting the glute of the leg on the floor. Avoid overarching in lower back.
Squats – 15
- Feet slightly outside hips and toes turned to align with the knees. Hold dumbbell between legs. Sit back into hips and press through your heels. Keep core engaged. Contract glutes to stand and squeeze on top. Avoid arching in lower back as you stand.
Reverse lunge – 15 each leg
- Step back into a lunge with a slight hinge forward at hips. Press though heel and drive knee up to engage glute. If balance is challenging on these. Bring foot to touch beside standing foot rather that driving through knee.
Hip bridge with hip circle – 15
- Hip circle is just above knees. Align knees over heels and separate legs to feel resistance against the band. Squeeze glutes to lift hips keeping tension on the band.
Abduction with band – 15
- Lay on back with feet close together. Drive knees out forcefully keeping tension in band.
Repeat circuit 3-4 times or until your glutes feel the burn!
For more information on workouts you can do anywhere with no gym required, contact me! These workouts are delivered to you through my easy to use app!